Monday, January 24, 2005

Arrived!

I am finally in New Zealand! And my bike arrived safely (phew!). The flight was not bad at all. I was given an exit row seat with lots of leg room, sat next to some Kiwis with lots of advice for my biking adventures, ate a yummy meal (really it was) followed by some yummier ice cream (yay!), watched a movie, and fell asleep for most of the flight. I arrived today (the 25th) in Auckland at 6 in the morning after losing Jan 24. Paul, a friend of a friend, was kind enought to pick me up from the airport and let me stay at his place. After he went to work, I reconstructed my bike, showered, and found my way back to Auckland.

My first stop was the Auckland Museum where I saw a Maori show with song and dance. I even became part of the show as they brought some people on stage to learn a little jig. I discovered that I lack a bit of rythm, but enjoyed my dancing nonetheless. I then toured the museum exhibits a bit before wandering around town in the beautiful weather. Auckland is not quite what I came to NZ to see. It is a big city with typical big city sights... But it is neat to see a NZ city before heading out to see the countryside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home