Back in Boston
Well, it has been almost a week since the end of my journey around the world. Mally is off to lead a group of kids through the wilderness of Hawaii and the Rockies. I am in Boston reuniting with friends and looking forward to spending a bit of time with family in Ohio before making my way to Chicago in the fall.
Sometimes I think back to the roads we have cycled along, wilderness we have hiked through, and cities we have explored in a bit of disbelief. We have been fortunate to experience a full realm of natural beauty and an array of different people and cultures.
Not only have my travels allowed me to experience a part of the vast world around me, but I have had a chance to reflect and think about life a little. I am not quite sure where my thoughts have landed. I do think that there is endless beauty to be found... not just on the lonely roads of New Zealand, the outback of Australia, or the lightly trodden paths of the Swiss Alps, but all around - we just have to look more closely in some places; I think that happiness is not just a state of being, but perhaps more of a state of mind; I realize that there is extreme injustice in the world and although I have done nothing to deserve it, I am fortunate to be one of the luckiest people on earth; and I know that wonderful friends and family are the most important things in life to hold on to... I've got some of the best! It may be a while until I truly take in all my experiences, but thanks for letting me share some of them. I've enjoyed writing all my journies and thoughts down to share and have loved the vast amounts of feedback from family and friends - Thank You.
The End.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home